Modern iron works are the ideal addition to your property—possessing design elements that are timeless. One of the best factors of adding a wrought iron staircase railing is that it can enhance beauty and add charm to your home.
Wrought iron is known for its durability, and with proper maintenance and care, it can last you decades and even longer when installed indoors. Another factor to consider is the strength of the material, which is excellent to use for staircase railings for your property.
If your property has multiple levels and numerous stairs, adding railings crafted by a trusted Orange County iron works contractor is a must. However, with plenty of designs and styles to choose from, it can be difficult to choose one that would suit your property best—for both indoor and outdoor areas.
Various Designs for Outdoor and Indoor Stair Railings
There are different iron staircase railing designs to choose from for both indoor and outdoor—these can range from traditional to modern.
Orange County iron works can certainly add a dash of style to your property’s indoor and outdoor spaces. Wrought iron can be painted to match your home or commercial space’s current color theme. Moreover, a traditional black iron stair railing can be gorgeous in any setting.
Wrought iron can also be formed and shaped into the design you prefer, adding a personalized visual touch to your space.
A staircase railing in your back porch that descends in a curve, leading to your yard or driveway adds an attractive impact to your guests. While an elegantly designed indoor staircase railing that leads to your second landing can create a nostalgic focal point in your home.
Some of the design options to choose from, and their advantages and disadvantages include:
Picket Staircase Railing
Picket wrought iron staircase railing is made up of vertical posts that support the handrail.
Two of the most common materials used are wrought iron and wood, while the bottom part of the posts is attached by the base of the rail. Pickets are often used in residential and commercial properties.
- It is easy to install.
- It is the least expensive to create.
- It does not require expensive maintenance.
- It is the perfect design when you want complexity in details.
- It looks dated and common for those who prefer modern designs.
- It is not a likable option for those who are looking for a closed-side barrier as small objects can get through pickets.
Multi-line, also known as horizontal rods, extend from the staircase railing posts. This design is considered a modern take on wrought iron works.
These multi-line staircase railings can be made from various materials, sizes, and styles that can be customized to your preference or blend your current design theme.
- It provides you with a neat and clean finish, especially when used for egress stairs.
- Its tubes and rods can be altered to fit the design details and style you want.
- It is not a preferred design for those who have young kids and pets at home. There is a possibility of children climbing up the staircase railing, therefore, some local building codes don’t allow this type of design.
Cable Staircase Railing
This design makes use of horizontal or vertical high-tension metal cables, instead of pickets or panels. It provides a barrier on the side of your stairs.
This design can be used for your indoor or outdoor spaces—may it be for residential or commercial property.
- It provides a clear view because cable staircase railings are thinner compared to classic pickets, making this design perfect for outdoor use.
- It is strong and durable.
- It is easy to maintain, requiring only occasional cleaning.
- Its installation process is more complex, requiring professionals to get the job done because there is a certain level of tension needed.
- Its horizontal design is prone to accident and some cities would only allow cable staircase railing if requirements are met.
Wire Mesh Infill
A wire mesh infill staircase iron railing is made up of wires welded to four-sided frames. In addition, other materials such as aluminum and stainless steel can also be used to create infills.
Infills are best to use in commercial and industrial properties that receive high foot traffic. An experienced Orange County iron works contractor can design and craft high-quality wire mesh staircase railings for your needs.
- It provides security because of its strong and durable features.
- It gives maximum ventilation and visibility.
- It requires little to no maintenance.
- It goes well with other materials to achieve an elegant and sophisticated look.
- It is more expensive because wire mesh infills are custom-made.
- Its material is fragile and needs extra care during installation that is why it is best to leave it to the professionals.
Panel wrought iron staircase railing sections are primarily used for outdoor settings but some prefer to use them indoors.
Its sections are attached to the stair railing system and its panels are commonly made from metal bars and glass. The former is particularly used for both commercial and residential properties.
- It protects you from harsh winds when installed as outdoor staircase railings.
- It provides a maximum view.
- It is easy to maintain.
- It is quite expensive, especially when made from glass panels.
- It doesn’t offer excellent privacy unless you’ll have your glass panels tinted.
Choose the Right Wrought Iron Stair Railing for Your Space
If you’re looking for a wrought iron stair railing contractor that can meet your needs and get the job done, look no other than Naddour’s Custom Metalworks.
Orange County iron works beautify and increase your home’s value. Adding personal touch through the installation of wrought iron staircase railings makes your space elegant and attractive, keeping individuals ascending and descending from the different floor areas in your home safe.
To learn more on how we can help you achieve the iron works of your dreams, contact our team of experts at Naddour’s Custom Metalworks today!