Few things create more elegance, interest, and impact in a home than a modern iron balcony railing. From its elegant curves and metallic luster to its strong, sustainable, sturdy design, wrought iron is the new statement of luxury within California homes.
Today’s wrought iron staircase is more accessible than ever. You can integrate with iron elegance by upgrading your balusters and railing designs, or even introduce the material to items like tables, doors, and living room furniture. With the right ironworks experts by your side, the possibilities are endless!
We’re going to explore the intricate world of iron staircases in even greater detail, exploring their many benefits, design and material options, and some frequently asked questions pertaining to design. And if you find yourself hungry for a wrought iron masterpiece of your own, we’ll show you how to get personal consultation for free.
What Are Iron Staircases?
Iron staircases consist of wrought iron railings, balusters, and newel caps, and are designed to bring out the elegance of your household’s steps and risers.
They can also attract attention to the finer details of your home, including a custom door or entryway, wall paint and windows, or even a floor runner designed to accent your space.
Benefits of Wrought Iron Railings
You may be tempted to think that wrought iron staircases are for aesthetic appeal alone. However, there are many benefits to having a wrought iron staircase installed inside or outside your home.
- Staircase designs can support a variety of artwork or patterns, from a Victorian feel to quaint cottage living to upscale California charm. Mix and match your finish of choice, then customize all steps and risers to boost your curb appeal.
- Iron is extraordinarily economical and requires little to no maintenance. All you need is a little polishing now and again, and your railings will look good as new all year round.
- Custom metalwork is extremely long-lived. In fact, a single wrought iron railing in your home could last for more than a decade — even outside the home.
- Contrary to popular belief, iron is an extremely recyclable material. This makes it one of the most eco-friendly staircase designs in the modern home. Iron is the fourth most common element in the Earth’s crust!
Whether you own a four-bedroom house or an expansive family home, the inclusion of a modern iron staircase could take your interior design to the next level.
Choosing A Stairwell Pattern For Great Interior Design
A great entryway starts with a great design — especially with the balusters and railings of your custom iron staircase.
Here are a few design ideas for inspiration:
- Create a statement in your home that melds a postmodern vibe with a specific element of nature. You can develop a plan that accents curved shapes or antler-esque designs, or look for balusters that resemble common outdoor shapes (such as garden flowers).
- Make a great first impression on guests old and new with balusters and rails that reflect nothing but opulence. Remember: your project doesn’t have to match any specific guidelines or expectations; just a style beloved by you and your family.
- Consider a handrail color that will match or contrast the walls of your home. Pick from a variety of finishes for the perfect finish or flair, then breathe new life into your Los Angeles home with stair railings all your own.
- Inspire a sense of cohesion between the different rooms of your property. For example, you may want to complement the details, curves, and lines of your steel or iron staircase with a specific wallpaper color. You could also change the colors of your carpet or rug to match the darker hues of a wrought iron banister, or paint your risers and treads to add a touch of pizzazz to your space.
These are just a few ideas that may inspire your personal iron staircase design. For more information about interior decoration or to discuss specific ideas with a trained expert, reach out to Naddour’s Custom Metalworks today.
Iron Staircase FAQs
Let’s shed light on some of the most common questions about iron staircases.
Q: How much does it cost to get a modern iron staircase?
Every iron staircase is different, which means that every design, commission, and installation process is uniquely adapted to individual circumstances. As such, there is no set price for the creation of a custom staircase in your home. If you’d like to get a personalized quote for your Orange County, LA home, feel free to contact Naddour’s Custom Metalworks today.
Q: Does it take a long time to install wrought iron staircases?
The time it takes to install an iron staircase railing depends on the size, needs, and environment of your home. For example, interior installations are typically quite fast and can be completed within a set period of time. Outdoor installations depend on weather and temperature, and may require some flexibility to finish appropriately. You’re welcome to get a personalized timeline for your installation process with Naddour’s Custom Metalworks’ free consultation.
Q: Where can I get ideas for my modern iron staircase?
Flipping through photos of other custom projects is a great way to get inspiration for your space. Of course, you can also work with a professional ironworks provider like Naddour’s Custom Metalworks to explore a different solution. Call today for details.
Turn To Naddour’s Custom Metalworks For Wrought Iron Railing
Staircase design starts and ends with the team behind Naddour’s Custom Metalworks. Serving Orange County, LA, with decades of high-quality ironworks, our purpose is to bring value, love, and character to all the houses we serve.
We have a history of impressive results that truly speak for themselves, and have the talent, time, and high-touch resources you need to enhance your architecture inside and out!
You can get started on a whole new look for your LA house today. You can get in touch with Naddour’s Custom Metalworks via phone or email, or book a time to visit our Orange County showroom to get answers right away. We’d be happy to get started on your custom commission.